[SOLVED] How would i go about upgrading my motherboard?

Solution
  1. I see. Its just that my current motherboard only supports ddr3 ram. and i only have about 6gb ram. Should i just get more ddr3 ram?
  2. Hewlett-Packard Model 2B17 (P0)
Yes, you should just get more DDR3 RAM. Upgrading to DDR4 means a new motherboard, a new processor, and a new install of Windows (with a new license to activate it). Your current motherboard supports up to 32GB of DDR3-1800 RAM. I would recommend, at a minimum, to REPLACE what you currently have, a 2x8GB kit of DDR3-1600 RAM. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAY0S08?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. Replacing/Upgrading the motherboard is tantamount to building a new system. There's very little reason to replace an old motherboard without going with newer components.
  2. Why are you considering a new motherboard?
  3. What is your current motherboard?

-Wolf sends

Reactions: akaBebo

akaBebo

Reputable
Nov 8, 2020
  1. Replacing/Upgrading the motherboard is tantamount to building a new system. There's very little reason to replace an old motherboard without going with newer components.
-Wolf sends
-Wolf sends
  1. I see. Its just that my current motherboard only supports ddr3 ram. and i only have about 6gb ram. Should i just get more ddr3 ram?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes, you should just get more DDR3 RAM. Upgrading to DDR4 means a new motherboard, a new processor, and a new install of Windows (with a new license to activate it). Your current motherboard supports up to 32GB of DDR3-1800 RAM. I would recommend, at a minimum, to REPLACE what you currently have, a 2x8GB kit of DDR3-1600 RAM. Something like this:

-Wolf sends

Reactions: akaBebo
Solution

akaBebo

Reputable
Nov 8, 2020

-Wolf sends
Thank you man. I really only play CSGO but i feel like the lack of ram makes the game kinda stuttery at times.