[SOLVED] How would I mount a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GPU into a ASUS M51AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2020
I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card in my pc, and from what I read I can upgraded it to any common graphics card for gaming. But I haven't ever tried to do a GPU upgrade before.

Last edited:
Solution
Okay so if I'm understanding correctly it can fit in the case and I can run a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB with a 550 W power supply unit since it has the expansion slot for the GPU. Right now it has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
the fitment of the gpu depends on the model you choose,but you can check the dimensions of your case on the link i sent you it the last thread,and yes a cx550 will run the system perfeclty
I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card in my pc, and from what I read I can upgraded it to any common graphics card for gaming. But I haven't ever tried to do a GPU upgrade before.
so i quessing your question is either how would i physically mount it,or will it work.
SOLUTION to how would i physically mount it:
-If you already have a gpu in your system,remove the power cables (if it has any),unscrew the GPU,push down the lever (commonly found on the top right side of your PCI-e slot) until you either hear a click,or until you think you applied enough pressure,then just slowly remove your gpu.
-To put a gpu in your case just line up the interface of you gpu (golden lines at the side of the GPU) with the pcie slot on your mobo,screw it in at the back of a case,plug the power cables if needed and you are good to go.
SOLUTION to will it work:
-If you have a motherboard with atleast pcie gen 2.0 you are good to go.To check that just go to the manufacturers site and find your mobo and you should find it in the specifications menu.

Edit:Just checked your pc specs,you can run the gpu,but not with the psu in the case.It is too weak,would suggest this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA

Last edited:
May 6, 2020
so i quessing your question is either how would i physically mount it,or will it work.
SOLUTION to how would i physically mount it:
-If you already have a gpu in your system,remove the power cables (if it has any),unscrew the GPU,push down the lever (commonly found on the top right side of your PCI-e slot) until you either hear a click,or until you think you applied enough pressure,then just slowly remove your gpu.
-To put a gpu in your case just line up the interface of you gpu (golden lines at the side of the GPU) with the pcie slot on your mobo,screw it in at the back of a case,plug the power cables if needed and you are good to go.
SOLUTION to will it work:
-If you have a motherboard with atleast pcie gen 2.0 you are good to go.To check that just go to the manufacturers site and find your mobo and you should find it in the specifications menu.

Edit:Just checked your pc specs,you can run the gpu,but not with the psu in the case.It is too weak,would suggest this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA

The specs read that it has expansion slots
2 x PCI-e x 1
1 x PCI-e x 4 *1
1 x PCI-e x 16

I still don't understand if it has a pcie gen 2.0. Does it Djoza?

Okay so if I'm understanding correctly it can fit in the case and I can run a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB with a 550 W power supply unit since it has the expansion slot for the GPU. Right now it has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
the fitment of the gpu depends on the model you choose,but you can check the dimensions of your case on the link i sent you it the last thread,and yes a cx550 will run the system perfeclty

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS