How Would I Test My Parts Before Building The Entire PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjanafi

Proper
Aug 4, 2018
Here's my build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hVpddX

What I'm wondering is how I would make sure all my parts are WORKING before I actually buy everything and build the whole PC, only to test it and learn I just lost $1.9k. I'm also wondering what order I should buy my parts to test this. I'm assuming I would need to buy:

- Motherboard
- CPU
- RAM
- GPU
-PSU

in order to make sure my entire Gaming PC rig will work. I can just use the fan the CPU came with before buying the one in my build, I think. If I plug all the parts together and my monitor loads up a screen, everything should work right?

I'm just really worried and don't want to lose a bunch of time/money because I ordered all my parts at once and something or multiple things didn't work or were faulty. Clear up any misconceptions or mistakes I may have stated, if you could, thanks!

Solution
You get your pc parts. You build your system.
If any component is faulty, you use warranty and replace it.
You can't test anything before you have the parts.

I don't understand, what you mean by loosing $1.9k. Does buying something mean loosing money to you?
You get your pc parts. You build your system.
If any component is faulty, you use warranty and replace it.
You can't test anything before you have the parts.

I don't understand, what you mean by loosing $1.9k. Does buying something mean loosing money to you?

Solution

ninjanafi

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

I mean how do I know if all my parts have warranty and stuff? And if some don't, I'm fucked and I lose money since i cant return it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What I'm wondering is how I would make sure all my parts are WORKING before I actually buy everything
It's pc components, not a car. You can't take the components for a test drive before buying. You'll have to do like everyone else who buys components does, buy them, build it, hope it's all great and nothings wrong, but if there is, return the bad part and swap it out under warranty.

ALL pc components have a warranty. Everything from the case to the psu to the adapter gizmo in the gpu box. Brand new components from a reputable seller will have at least a 30 day return policy. That's at the store. Over that is the manufacturers warranty, which can be anything but is generally a minimum of 1 year.

Any returns first go through the selling store, if that fails you go through the manufacturer.

If buying used parts, most warranty is void, applicable only to the original purchaser, but some ppl will have a 14day return on DOA products.

You are covered.

ninjanafi

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

Great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.