how would I transport a pc?

Aug 25, 2018
I got no box for the pc but I heard that if you take out the gpu and put it in a paper bag it will be fine. I don’t have a paper bag but I have some brow clocking paper is this fine aswell or is there any other household items that can be used for the process of transporting the pc

Solution
Yeah, really depends on how far and what you're doing. In the old days of LAN parties, I'd simply lay down my PC tower in back seat and drive to my friend's place 20 minutes away.

When I have moved from IL to FL, I have stood up my tower behind my driver's seat on the floor, and have some soft things surrounding it. No problems in 18 hours of driving.

But if I was putting it on a moving truck, or on a plane, it would be a bit different.

USAFRet

Titan

How far are you transporting this, and in what?

cpmackenzi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, really depends on how far and what you're doing. In the old days of LAN parties, I'd simply lay down my PC tower in back seat and drive to my friend's place 20 minutes away.

When I have moved from IL to FL, I have stood up my tower behind my driver's seat on the floor, and have some soft things surrounding it. No problems in 18 hours of driving.

But if I was putting it on a moving truck, or on a plane, it would be a bit different.

Solution
if youre transporting it yourself you dont't need to do anything as long as its somewhere where it wont slide around and get banged up. that being said removing the GPU wouldn't be the worst idea ever.

if you are shipping it (fedex, USPS, UPS) than you should do other things.