how would the 3100 p4 do vs xp2700

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
i'm going to try to OC my xp2000 and see if it can come close to the 3100 p4. i just got the cpu wish me luck. i hope i don't burn it. as soon as its finished i'll give you guy some numbers, but if any one here has the numbers please post so i don't OC the 2000+ amd. i'm going to push this thing as far as it goes. i'm not sure how far that is.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

G

Dont expect much. Others have tried b4 you, and the 2000+ really doesnt have much headroom. You cannot expect a .18 cpu to overtake a sparkling new .13 in an overclocking contest.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

G

cant i guess

Can anyone teach me how to overclock time? I need more of it for 2002!

taylanator

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
I can tell you what would happen, you would absolutly waste that P4, have you looked at the article? It even lost in one of the benchmarks, something is not right about that whole article, to learn more about whats going on with that, go my thread, its the P4 sucky thread.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I can tell you what would happen, you would absolutly waste that P4

IF he could get it to a high clockspeed, yes. But a .18 CPU will not overclock as well as a .13 CPU, as stated above. I simply don't think you could get it high enough.

When Thoroughbred comes out, it will hopefully change that.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
ok time to post some problems. umm... guys i'm having heat problems. here is how i have it set up.

abit kr7a raid
xp2000+
water cooling
freezer

i put the heat exchanger in the freezer and turned the pump on so i would get a head start on the cooling. there is a problem with the other side of the mobo. it gets very hot. DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW I CAN COOL THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOBO??

i should be able to do this once i can keep both sides of the mobo.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ice cold salty water helps... try a fan maybe, i can massively overclock my graphics cards if i have a fan pumping air onto their backs

if in doubt blame microsoft...

svol

Champion
If you want extreme cooling add a peltier of atleast 120 W between the CPU and the waterblock, the temps of your CPU will almost reach 0 C and you will have to isolate everything (even the backisde) around the CPU to stop condensation. But you also need a strong powersupply to feed the peltier, so this will cost you many bucks.

I have it but now school started and after frying my Tbird 1.4GHz i don't have time to reinstall the cooling, so I stick to plain aircooling till the next vacation.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hmm... i have an old, but working heat sensor. the temp on the back side of the mobo reaches 49-53 celsius before crashing. i wonder if i use the peltier that temp will go down to 30. the thing is i don't even get to windows, so i would say i need to get it to stay around 25-30 for it to be stable enough for me to do a test. thnaks to all you guys for the help. my guess is that the transistors wont function properly at that kinde of temp.