How would this computer work?

crazylamb452

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I want to get a new computer, but I don't know how any of this stuff works.

I have picked out all of the parts that I think I want, but will they work together?
Like are they compatible? And if so, would it be a good computer?

The parts I've picked:
CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400
Hard drive: Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Graphics Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB
Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower
PSU: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

One last thing: I will be saving up money and buying each part individually, then building it. If one of the parts doesn't work, how would I know which part it is?

My budget is around $1000, but I can save up more money if needed.

crazylamb452

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Thanks for the fast answer, and I would have gotten an ssd and a better processor, but I don't have a lot of money.

Lawrence Turner

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
My advice is don't save up and buy each part individually. If you have money coming in slowly the technology may change enough by the time you get the last couple of parts that you've had a price drop on the first parts you got. Now seeing as you can't really use the other parts until you have ALL the parts my advice would be to price up your current build. Save up ALL the money then order the parts. If the tech has changed or you've had price drops in the mean time then all well and good. You may end up with something better than you originally researched for the same money too.

Of course you could argue that you can use the parts in your current computer and yes you could. But I'd still not recommend it for the same reason of tech and prices changing all the time.

Re-cap - Set yourself a budget. Save that budget. Buy the best PC you can within budget in one go. You'll be happier that way.

crazylamb452

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Alright thanks, that sounds like a better idea, as for actually building it, if a part doesn't work, how would I know?
Oh wait, I remembered why I can't buy everything at once. My parents' (I am only 15) credit cards can't support that much spending at once, what if I saved up to that budget, and then bought the pieces a few parts at a time over a few months?

Bassim Ansari

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

Trial and error..

Your comp won't start and you will come to us for help which we shall gladly give