How would you detect an MP3 source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

I'm curious to find methods of determining if a wav file has been converted
from an MP3 file when the orginal isn't available to compare.

Any ideas?

terry wrote:
> I'm curious to find methods of determining if a wav file has been converted
> from an MP3 file when the orginal isn't available to compare.

Most encoders by default will low-pass high frequencies at 16 or 15 KHz.
Also, wenn listened in mono (or M-S decoded?), you might hear some
warbling, phasing sound at lower bitrates.

Look at this spectrum: <http://johannburkard.de/misc/spectrum_mp3_1.png>
(192 KBit/s, 44,1 KHz, stereo)

Johann
--
Warum hast Du diese Aussage gesiggt? Glaubst Du Trottel allen Ernstes es
wird Dir jemand widersprechen? Muhahaha.... Bist Du einfälltig....