[SOLVED] how would you pair the parts together for the best compatible overclocking

piku30

Prominent
May 3, 2020
How would you pair the parts together for the best compatible and overclocking

I have got a pc
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
MOTHERBOARD: asus prime x570-p
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
CPU COOLER: fuma 2
GPU: gigabyte rx 5700 xt
MEMORY: Corsair vengeance pro 8gb x 2, 3600mhz cl18
SSD: 970 evo plus 1tb
POWER SUPPLY: corsair rm750

I will build another one, I ordered the parts
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
MOTHERBOARD: b550 aorus pro v2
CPU: ryzen 5 5600x
CPU COOLER: fuma 2
GPU: 1080 ti founders edition
MEMORY: curcail ballistix 8gbx 2, 3600mhz cl16
SSD: 980 pro 1tb
POWER SUPPLY: corsair rm750

I don't mind to rebuild my computer for the better compatible
my daughter will get the weaker system

Solution
Go asus rog board, and intel k cpu
intel has better overclocking potential
He already has or bought and is waiting for those 2 builds in the OP. Another thing, Intel does not have more "overclocking potential." Intel leaves a lot of room on the table for their CPU's in a stock configuration which leads to giving them having the illusion of good overclocking potential. Stock intel boost clocks are in line with all core OCing on them you just have to deal with 200watt +of heat dissipation after unlocking their power limits. The 5600x is on the same performance tier stock as many of the intel CPUs when they are moderately OCed. This is because AMD set up their CPUs to boost themselves right at the limit out of the box.
Go asus rog board, and intel k cpu
intel has better overclocking potential
He already has or bought and is waiting for those 2 builds in the OP. Another thing, Intel does not have more "overclocking potential." Intel leaves a lot of room on the table for their CPU's in a stock configuration which leads to giving them having the illusion of good overclocking potential. Stock intel boost clocks are in line with all core OCing on them you just have to deal with 200watt +of heat dissipation after unlocking their power limits. The 5600x is on the same performance tier stock as many of the intel CPUs when they are moderately OCed. This is because AMD set up their CPUs to boost themselves right at the limit out of the box.

Reactions: piku30 and Phaaze88
Solution

piku30

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I got both motherboard already so i stick to amd.
On my pc /asus prime x570-p/ the corsair memory i was abel to turn on the D.O.C.P profile 1 but i couldn't go any further than that.
I overclocked the 5 3600 CCX0 42.25 CCX1 42.72 on 1.264v

Myst_8362

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021

ahhh okok

Reactions: piku30
i know this video but he don't mention the asus x570-p
He did not mention it, I would presume, because it was not a particularly bad motherboard, but cost more than other motherboards in the same category with more features. Needless to say he highly values the Gigabyte motherboard and that's coming from someone who knows nearly every chip, cap, and mosfet on the majority of b550 and x570 motherboards.