[SOLVED] How would you travel with your pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Im moving out next year from my parents' for when i study at uni

The University is 2hrs by plane, so its a domestic flight

I am having trouble planning how I would pack my PC system when I travel there

I have some options:

1. take the bus (9hrs)

2. disassemble the fragile parts of the system (remove the mobo, psu, from the case) and take them into the plane as a carry-in in the boxes they came with

3. ship the items by post individually (postal system is pretty good here, ive sold gpus and gaming consoles and have all arrived fine). if i bubble wrap everything, it will arrive perfect

any advice or tips? im looking for like a pc case travel bag but i dont feel those are reliable bc of the actual customs people who will be responsible handling it

Solution

I have some options:

1. take the bus (9hrs)

2. disassemble the fragile parts of the system (remove the mobo, psu, from the case) and take them into the plane as a carry-in in the boxes they came with

3. ship the items by post individually (postal system is pretty good here, ive sold gpus and gaming consoles and have all arrived fine). if i bubble wrap everything, it will arrive perfect

any advice or tips? im looking for like a pc case travel bag but i dont feel those are reliable bc of the actual customs people who will be...

kanewolf

Titan

I have some options:

1. take the bus (9hrs)

any advice or tips? im looking for like a pc case travel bag but i dont feel those are reliable bc of the actual customs people who will be responsible handling it
I would remove the CPU cooling and the GPU from the motherboard. Pack those parts individually. Air coolers are heavy.
How much of the factory packing materials (boxes, foam, etc) do you have ? If you have all the original packing material use that to ship. If not, find a business that can custom pad your equipment with expanding foam.

Reactions: barkersofgeraldine
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.