Question How

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have a detachable mic headset, and when I plug in this mic it doesnt work. It always tends to use the internal laptop mic. Everything is fine with the headset and the mic. How can I make the latptop recognise that this is a mic in headset and use the mic and not the latpop mic

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I cannot speak to your issue, specifically as it involves Nahimic.

I purchased an 11600K and MSI Z590 mobo on release. The package came with a USB installer for all the drivers and add on apps. It took me several completely fresh installs to find out that the Nahimic driver was borking my audio to a degree that was unrepairable. Obviously, I don't know that is what is causing your issue but in my case it was.

I figure you have already gone through the Windows app/sound controller to see if anything needed to be checked/unchecked?

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I cannot speak to your issue, specifically as it involves Nahimic.

I purchased an 11600K and MSI Z590 mobo on release. The package came with a USB installer for all the drivers and add on apps. It took me several completely fresh installs to find out that the Nahimic driver was borking my audio to a degree that was unrepairable. Obviously, I don't know that is what is causing your issue but in my case it was.

I figure you have already gone through the Windows app/sound controller to see if anything needed to be checked/unchecked?
Yes, I did check.