i am a first time pc builder and i have came up with this build

CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master V700 700W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

i plan on using this as somewhat of a gaming pc if you see any flaws or places that need improvement please point them out me

i also noticed power supply i have chosen does not have a 12v 4pin connector will i need a different power supply ? thanks in advance !

Hi - That PSU is fine(prob has 8pin CPU pin), and way more power than you need. However, it won't do any damage other costing more money up front.

Why a micro ATX mobo, the 300r fits a std ATX mobo. If it's cost, save on your PSU with a good quality 550 like the XFX & spend the diff on a mobo.

jmorrow

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

but on this motherboard the cpu power is 4 pins not 8
what motherboard do you suggest ?

Not an issue those 8pin can be also be used as 4pin, just like the 6+2 GPU pins can be used as 6 or 8. Real easy to figure when you see it, plus the PSU manual will describe it.

jmorrow

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

ohhh i didnt know that thank you for all your help sir,
are there any pointers or tips for a first time pc builder ?

Yes, go to Google search and find "how to build a PC", There several good tutorials, Tom's Hardware,
Lifehacker, & a couple others. There's also youtube tutorials as well.

Also, check the features on the motherboard you decide on, it most likely will support dual
channel memory. If it does, then get 2x4g for your RAM instead of 1x8g. Dual channel is supposed to be faster,
don't know if that's true or not. But, if the memory controller is dual channel, that's the way to go. Also, if
a stick of RAM goes bad at some point, you'll still have a working PC, while waiting for it to be replaced.

Consider a good quality 550 instead of the V700 (unless you are getting a gr8 deal on the 700), which is still more than you need.

Something like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/outletpc/antec-power-supply-bp550plus
or an excellent deal on good quality semi modular 620:
http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/antec-power-supply-hcg620m