Question How's my 'gaming' pc build?

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
So hey guys I am back to tomshardware(i think you won't remember me...cause I changed my name :p
So I recently upgraded my so called gaming rig, it's still worse for the gaming community :cautious:
So these are my changes(some haven't changed):
CPU: Pentium G620 2c/2t @2.6ghz||New CPU: Core i5 2400 4c/4t @3.1ghz
GFX: Intel HD Graphics [sandy bridge (2nd gen, 2011):rolleyes:]||New GFX: Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 GDDR5 (zotac)
Mobo: ASRock H61M PS2||New Mobo: Same
HDD: Seagate 300gb (I know it's cr*p) || New HDD: Same​
And I almost forgot the ram: 2x2gb DDR3(1333mhz) Generic RAM|| New RAM: Shall upgrade to 2x8gb soon
The current value of the pc is around ₹18500 or around $266 so please give your comments based on the value of the build:)

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Yea I think you're right about
Comparing to old system, upgrade is substantial but still way under any newest, even lowest end PCs. For general use you'd be better off getting an SSD instead of more RAM.
Yea I think you're right about that but as I have a 64bit of windows 10 it almost uses half of my available Ram (2gb) so it becomes difficult to open chrome and other programs faster with only 2gb of available Ram, and that 2gb of used Ram is necessary for windows to work so one one can do anything about it, what do you think?

Reactions: Luke Dawn

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
These are the following aspects for your gaming pc build:
  • Graphics Card or GPU (recommended)
  • Processor or CPU (with a cooling system)
  • Motherboard or MOBO.
  • Memory or RAM.
  • Power Supply or PSU.
  • Storage Device (Hard Disk Drive or Solid-State Drive)
  • Sound Card
I don't need a sound card as I already have an integrated sound chip in my mobo, will get a SSD if possible and put the os and some long loading applications and games in it...already got a 500watt psu so that's more than enough and yeah...my cooler's pretty crappy, the stock Pentium g620 cooler with frozen thermal paste :p.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
How about 2x4GB of RAM + some cheap SSD like Kingston A400 of 120 GB ? Enough RAM for anything but newest games and enough storage for OS and most important programs and keep your old drive for data storage.
Will be using my pc mostly for 720p low-medium settings gaming and some light video watching and yeah, it doesn't matter if I don't play the latest games with high system requirements, anything that works will work. Yeah I need some programs too and for that I can use the HDD and keep those high-loading-time applications (games too, like csgo and GTA 5) in the SSD as well as the os, so that will work
4gb Ram's cheap nowadays too so will buy 2 sticks of it soon

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Send him your money and he will build a better one :) Don’t be so mean.

But if u really want to game for that budget id get a console instead i guess. But thats just me.
Console's good but it costs more, and plus you have to buy hard copies of game DVD's which costs a lot of money whereas you have Steam for pc! Which gives plenty of games at everyday discounts and low prices so a pc is best for me

Apr 30, 2019
Console's good but it costs more, and plus you have to buy hard copies of game DVD's which costs a lot of money whereas you have Steam for pc! Which gives plenty of games at everyday discounts and low prices so a pc is best for me

Ps4 store has regular digital discounts aswell :) but it is up to you ofcourse! I use both :)