How's my rig sound??? (I'm a noob)

LeComputerNoob

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Processor: AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7 3.4 GHz

RAM: 8 gb

GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

(And i don't really feel like posting the case/monitor/HD and whatnot, because they aren't as important when it comes to performance. Compared to the components mentioned above, at least.)

So, bottom line, I want to know how my computer would fair playing games like GTA 5, Forest, BF 3&4, and (if I can) Star Citizen. Thank you for reading and i appreciate any answers!

Solution
you have to post what resolution(see you have added that), what in-game settings, and what frames per second you plan on running those and future games to know how well those specs will handle it. also, do you already have the motherboard and PSU and are looking for something to fit them or are you planning on purchasing everything? what is your budget?

that is a very weak GPU. it may be able to run modern games but won't be able to handle very good settings at decent resolutions. there really isn't any $100-150 graphics card that will handle modern games very well. check the recommended requirements for GTA V, Battlefield 4, and Star Citizen. then base your GPU decision in that range.

since you will be getting a dedicated...

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
you have to post what resolution(see you have added that), what in-game settings, and what frames per second you plan on running those and future games to know how well those specs will handle it. also, do you already have the motherboard and PSU and are looking for something to fit them or are you planning on purchasing everything? what is your budget?

that is a very weak GPU. it may be able to run modern games but won't be able to handle very good settings at decent resolutions. there really isn't any $100-150 graphics card that will handle modern games very well. check the recommended requirements for GTA V, Battlefield 4, and Star Citizen. then base your GPU decision in that range.

since you will be getting a dedicated GPU you really don't need an APU type processor. for a few dollars less you could get the 6-core 6300, for a few dollars more the 6350. there are also some decent intel i3 for around the same price. it mostly depends on the motherboard you have or are planning on purchasing.

also you will have to be sure that your PSU(power supply) can handle whatever decisions you make/have made for the GPU & CPU. the case also is a factor, if it doesn't have decent air flow for cooling then it may not be a good idea for a gaming system.

Solution

LeComputerNoob

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
I am getting the GPU for free, from a buddy who has upgraded. The case and PSU (and other parts i haven't mentioned yet) are already taken care of and compatible, I built the rig last night (early this morning) with the same buddy, and I just tested out a few games. While not on full settings, I could run games like GTA 5, and Battlefield 4 with medium settings at 50-60 fps on 1400 x 900 resolution. I don't know about Star Citizen, as I do not have access to the game (is still in early beta) I am pleased with my build, it suffices, but it'll definitely need an upgrade by the New Year! I plan on upgrading my GPU and monitor, as I have wanted dual monitors since I first wanted a computer. Thank you for your help!