How's the MSI K7T Turbo?

G

Any good for a cheap mobo? Just want to run my duron and oc it to around 900-1000mhz.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have this board and feel that it is an excelent board the memory speed is not that good but can be fixed if you get it let me know and I will tell you how to.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

G

I just plan to have my pc100 ram in it so it can't go too fast :) But let me know what you mean.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First get the latest bios and set the memory to set by spd and the get wcpredit and wcprset to set the memory to 4 way interleave there is an article on this at www.viahardware.com this will bring the memory performance up to par with the fastest kt133a boards. If you need more help just let me know.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

G

Just took a look at msi website, you can download new bios to do all that, kinda nice.

G

I am having Win2K problem recognizing AGP Graphics card. It keeps getting me into VGASAFE mode:)

Did you guys have the same problem and if so, how did you resolve it? I have downloaded the latest AGP drivers but to no avail.

I have tried with both Creative Blaster TNT Riva and ASUS AGP-V3400TNT. No luck with both. I am beginning to regret getting this board. I don't have problems with Win98 though.

Are there other drivers that I should be installing?

G

Yes. I have tried before and after the SP1. But no luck.
The device manager complains it cannot start the driver with Code 10. I have checked with the microsoft support site and basically the error code means driver issues.

I have tried all possible drivers from the manufacturer and the chipset manufacturer. No luck either.

Makaveli

Splendid
Hey I have the MSI K7T PRO 2-A(gonna be getting the turbo soon). Getting the over clocking bios @ msi's website and setting ur RAm to Spd will get u good result for memory including 4 way interleave. So u don't need wcpredit or wcprset to set 4 way. What I did use those 2 programs for was. I was able to adjust my RAS and other memory settings u would find in a Abit bios. Now have my PC133 cas 3 giving me cas 2 perfromance while still keeping in on cas 3.

Cas3 Sandra scores 422/488 with 4 way
Cas3 with tweaking 434/523 this is on a 800 athlon T-bird

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This will depend on the ram one of mine is pc133 cl3 and i change it to cl2 all timings tweaked this gives me sandra scores of 520/575.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE