How's This for an entry level High-end Gaming system

Quiksilver-1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Hi guys, i'm new to the forums. I'll try to post as much as i can when i have time. Anyway back on topic. I'm building my own system and i wanted to get as many opinions from people as possible.

Here's the specs:

Case: Coolermaster PAC-T01-EK
Powersupply: Silverstone ST60F
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Processor: AMD 4000+ San Diego Core
Video Card: Evga nVidia 7800GTX w/ ACS3
Sound Card: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition *Newer model*
Optical Drive 1: Samsung W162C/BEBN
Optical Drive 2: Samsung W162C/BEBN
Floppy Drive: Sony MPF9201121-1
Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB SATA 7200.8
Heatsink/Fan: Zalman CNPS7700-Cu
Case Fans: 4x Panaflo H1A
Monitor: Viewsonic VX922
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500
Keyboard: Logitech Elite Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G7
Operating System: Windows XP Professional w/ SP2

What is Left for me to buy:

Processor: AMD 4000+ San Diego Core
Video Card: Evga nVidia 7800GTX w/ ACS3
Monitor: Viewsonic VX922
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500
Keyboard: Logitech Elite Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G7
Operating System: Windows XP Professional w/ SP2

Sorry I don't have all the model numbers memorized off the top of my head. I'll edit the post later and post exact model numbers.

Edit: Okay i added in the the missing model numbers.

So what do you guys think of this build? Also if you want reason's for certain part's i'll gladly post those at a later time, but until then thanks for reading.

I response would be nice :D

opzero

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
With spending all that money might want to look into a g15 logitech key board the elite isnt that good for gameing imo. G7 is a great mouse olny outher thing Id look at if you want a top of the line all the way around is X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS sound card from sound blaster.

Quiksilver-1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I got the G15, it is a good mobo.

G15 is a keyboard.

And i want to stick with the elite KB because of the fact that i have the mx duo so i already have he KB layout memorized and its comfy, besides i never look down at the KB for ammo and such...so i would never use the g15's lcd screen.

Well i didn't want the Xfi-fps fataality, because if you ask me it's just a huge waste of money due to IMO it's just a marketing tactic and well people have had problems with certain games with it.

Thanks for the response o_O was wondering when i would get a reply.

SilverDragon

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Only thing I'd suggest is considering one of the X2 processors instead, even though there is a bit of give and take as far as the tradeoff in performance, in the end I feel it's the best way to go. Though I'm the kind of person who'd have a game running on one monitor and applications on another, dual core is the best way to make that happen right now. If gaming is your only real concern a single core would do just fine, until multi-threaded games become the norm. That's not about to happen anytime soon though. :)

Quiksilver-1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Looks like a smokin system to me man! Good luck with it ..

Thanks.

Btw, the main uses thing will be for is Gaming, More gaming, Internet, Music Ripping/Playing, Photoshop, Web Design, and Watching Movies.

I think my single cor will do just fine with those.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Yes, absolutely agreed. Currently and IMO, there simply are not enough programs to support dual core yet. Dual core does have its advantages but single core works just fine for now.

CPUZ

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I think you're a bit confused.... That PC is not an "Entry level High-end Gaming PC" Its an INSANE PC thats at the top of the high end systems!!!! :twisted:

If you've got the cash and want to spend it go for it, its an awesome PC!!

eeBs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I think you're a bit confused.... That PC is not an "Entry level High-end Gaming PC" Its an INSANE PC thats at the top of the high end systems!!!! :twisted:

If you've got the cash and want to spend it go for it, its an awesome PC!!

Yeah not so much, there are alot of places he can improve. Don't get me wrong its still going to be a great gaming system =)

As for the G15, you right, I never look down at my screen for ammo either, but there are alot of other tools for the G15, that make it IMO a way better keyboard the the elite, which I have used for the last year, and is now getting shelfed. I say atleast give the G15 a shot, its definatly something else, and hell if you buy it from a store, you have a free 30 day test drive =)

Quiksilver-1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
hehe. i might go up to local comp store and see if they could hook it up to one of these test machine so i could try it out :p

opzero

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Id grab one of the g15 if you want one if you can find it i went to best buy last night to get me anouther one(my 3yr old son spilled a whole coke on mine><) and they was sold out and said they was discontinued and whould not be getting any more in . I called all the metro best buys and 4 out of the 5 was sold out and not getting any more in stock.

Snale

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I would try the A8N32-SLI, 8 phase voltage is really nice if you want to overclock, or game a lot. Besides, it has no noisy fans. Or, even the A8N-SLI Premium, just for the fan issue.

I have a Deluxe and the chipset fan started rattling 4 months after i bought it. Lucky I bought a compatible chipset wareblock for it ^^

Quiksilver-1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
eee is it me or theres no memory listed in you build!

...And your right.... Lol i didn't type it in, so my memoru is becoming a little behind.

Memory: OCZ 2GB(2x 1GB) OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

and i made some changes, i bought a Logitech G5 instead of a G7 and a logitech Media Elite Keyboard instead of a Logitech Elite Keyboard.