hp 1060 3gb not working

Jul 10, 2014
hi , i bought a 1060 3 gb card from ebay , it was pulled out from an hp machine , part number: hp pn: 909616-001, i guess it is a weird card , i installed it and i was not able to get any video from it , tried dvi , hdmi , etc .... with the iGPU i was able to check device manager , it showed as windows generic adapter or something like that , i right clicked on that and did update and the 1060 3gb name came up after a restart the card was able to post . . then i downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia when i installed the drivers the card stopped working properly , started to see lines on the screen and other stuff , the system was rebooting it self and windows disabled the card (error 43) , i got rid of the error , tried again and had the same issue . i was thinking about flashing the card with another 1060 3gb bios to see if that will fix that behavior , or maybe the card is just broken , ill appreciate any suggestions . :)

Solution
Used card = risk that it's bad. Did you make sure your power supply is good enough to run the card? Test the card in a second system? If you have a good quality PSU and card does same thing in another system, return it.