Question HP 15-dw3125od Bitlocker Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_justin

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
I have a recently upgraded Windows 11 HP 15 that has been stuck on the BitLocker Recovery page. The laptop did this after it was upgraded to Windows 11. I have no ID key. The key isn't attached to any Microsoft account and of course it' stuck on the recovery screen so i can't get to anything else.

I've used command prompt to try and see the status of the BitLocker and it doesn't say there is a drive. I've tried to see the Drive List and it doesn't show any.

I tried reformatting the hard drive using Windows Media Creation Tool and it didn't find a drive to install on.

I am now wondering If I am able to swap the SSD or is it some how locked on the motherboard too?

Is there anything else I can do before swapping out the hard drive?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

King_justin

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
UPDATE:
I've been tinkering with it in Hirens. I can see the hard drive in hirens. I used low level hard drive format to reformat the hard drive. When I launch the laptop to my media creation tool it doesn't show a hard drive to install on.

However, when I am in Hiren's and I plug the usb in that has the media creation tool..i can open it and it shows the hard drive.

I go through the normal procedure to install a OS on a new drive. (I do custom then choose my drive. I choose the 476.9GB drive). After it installs and restarts, the computer errors with "inaccessible boot drive".
I'm at a loss here. I can't install OS like normal because the hard drive won't show up. It only shows up when I use Hirensboot then use the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.