Question HP 15p390nr Low CPU, 100% Disk Usage

blackredpurple38

Commendable
Jul 31, 2018
Hi all, hoping to find a quick fix or some advice to help fix this. My CPU is running less than 10%, my memory is around 30% but my Disk is running at a constant 100% (occassionally jumping to 95%). Sometimes itll run like normal, with normal disk usage (around 30-40%) and then out of nowhere itll jump to 100% and become impossible to use. I just looked up and disk usage jumped down to 50% for a moment then went back to 100%.

Ive disabled superfetch and windows search to no avail. It appears the "System" process is causing the most usage, next to "Service Host: Windows Event Log" and "Registry".

Any insight would be helpful...

blackredpurple38

Commendable
Jul 31, 2018
Just wanted to update, I went ahead and disabled the windows firewall....turns out thats what seemed to be causing the issue, disk usage is down to 0% ( which may still not be good) and the freezing has stopped.

I went into my windows defender app after disabling the firewall, as it had a diagnostics notification so I clicked on it and it ran a troubleshooter that stated I may have some hanging or apps that do not work on my computer, some temporary internet files were also movied (and put back) via this troubleshooter.

TRENDING THREADS