Question HP 250 G6 display replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2020
Hey there,

I am using HP 250 G6 with following display:

39.62 cm (15.6 in) diagonal HD SVA eDP anti-glare slim WLED (1366 x 768)

I have never seen such a bad display, probably because of SVA panel. My question is, is there possibility to replace this display with compatible IPS display?

I asked few shops, but some of them told me it's possible but they are out of stock with such displays, some of them told me it's not possible, etc etc...

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2020
Do you want to upgrade also to FHD resolution panel 1920x1080?

If yes then you might need to replace the cable also, sometimes models configurated to HD panel dont have dual channel capable cable.

Have you already inspect the connection type, and is it located to same spot on the screen as in this picture?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HP-2...ok-Screen-Full-HD-Display-Panel-/333081677948
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Yes, it would be good if it's possible to upgrade to 1920x1080.

Don't know about exact location of connection type :(

What about this one, it's a bit cheaper?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-15-6-L...703112?hash=item5d830e2e08:g:b2QAAOSwEppURSaG

If connector is similar looking ,30 Pin, Bottom Right connection on the panel then you can order that. HP 250 G6 has been shipped with FHD supported cable but its hard to know is your cable double channel just from the part number. Worst case scenario you need replacement cable later which is cheap.

Nov 29, 2020
Nov 29, 2020
Yes that should be fine
I asked seller from eBay and here it is what he says...

photo5922243414643028690.jpg

Don't know what to think anymore...

Like i said earlier we cant be sure about the screen cable being dual channel or not, single channel supports 1366x768 and dual channel 1920x1080. Dont worry about the cable its only 5-10 euros range used in ebay.

However the manual states this model has been sold with FHD panel (look page 9 / 122 ) under "panel" : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485525
Most likely even the cable supports FHD screen. If not the cable exists 100% since your model was sold with FHD screens too, and you can simply order it.

I have literally pile of LCD screens and i just pick something from there when i need to upgrade broken LCD screen, laptop manufactor or model doesnt matter. CCFL are not made anymore its purely led screens after like 2013

Some manufactors block any other than original screen with something called bios whitelisting, you might of heard about wifi whitelisting,this is the same thing but with LCD. There is a way around this. I have not seen this with HP series laptops only wifi whitelisting. I would say 95% success rate for this upgrade, just dont break anything when you swap the screen, watch tutorials for your exact laptop model

Last edited:
Reactions: bogasson
Nov 29, 2020
Like i said earlier we cant be sure about the screen cable being dual channel or not, single channel supports 1366x768 and dual channel 1920x1080. Dont worry about the cable its only 5-10 euros range used in ebay.

However the manual states this model has been sold with FHD panel (look page 9 / 122 ) under "panel" : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485525
Most likely even the cable supports FHD screen. If not the cable exists 100% since your model was sold with FHD screens too, and you can simply order it.

I have literally pile of LCD screens and i just pick something from there when i need to upgrade broken LCD screen, laptop manufactor or model doesnt matter. CCFL are not made anymore its purely led screens after like 2013

Some manufactors block any other than original screen with something called bios whitelisting, you might of heard about wifi whitelisting,this is the same thing but with LCD. There is a way around this. I have not seen this with HP series laptops only wifi whitelisting. I would say 95% success rate for this upgrade, just dont break anything when you swap the screen, watch tutorials for your exact laptop model
Just ordered that one from eBay, and will try it when it arrive. Hope everything will be OK. Thanks a lot mate!

Nov 29, 2020

I just made replacement yesterday and everything works perfect! New IPS display is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more better, it's incomparable. Thank you a lot once more!

Status
Not open for further replies.