HP 2500 wireless

I have an HP "All-In-One" 2500 printer at home that I use on my wireless
network. I bought a new HP "all-in-one" 2355xi for my office. It is NOT
wireless. I (mindlessly) installed the software at my office while making
and taking phone calls etc. Apparently, the 2355xi installed over the 2500
software and I must have indicated that I wanted it to be my default
printer. When I looked at the Printer box to see all my installed printers,
the 2500 was GONE ! I went home, put the 2500 CD back in the CD drive and
it started right up but instantly indicated that I have the newest software
already installed and that I just needed to hook up the "wireless" printer
via USB cable to the laptop. It printed just great there too, but I CANNOT
get the wireless feature back. I really need some good advice other than
"to put a gun to my head".
Thanks in advance
Marianne

"Mjelley" <mjelley@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have an HP "All-In-One" 2500 printer at home that I use on my wireless
> network. I bought a new HP "all-in-one" 2355xi for my office. It is NOT
> wireless. I (mindlessly) installed the software at my office while making
> and taking phone calls etc. Apparently, the 2355xi installed over the 2500
> software and I must have indicated that I wanted it to be my default
> printer. When I looked at the Printer box to see all my installed printers,
> the 2500 was GONE ! I went home, put the 2500 CD back in the CD drive and
> it started right up but instantly indicated that I have the newest software
> already installed and that I just needed to hook up the "wireless" printer
> via USB cable to the laptop. It printed just great there too, but I CANNOT
> get the wireless feature back.

I believe you can put the 2355 install disk in your printer (at home) and let
the setup run. At some point it will ask if you want to uninstall the printer
or add a device. Chose "add a device", say it is for a networked printer and
let the installer find it. You might have to tell the install program the IP
address of the PSC 2500; you can get this by pressing the setup key on the PSC,
go to network setup and print a configuration page. Unplug the USB port and
enable the wireless LAN.

Regards,