HP 2710 All-In-One Problems

I've had a huge problem getting my HP 2710 to work with my network.
Everything seems to be working properly, but I get an error message when I
try to use the scanner saying there is a communication problem with the
device. HP support is relatively stupid and after numerous reinstalls of
both my HP software and McAfee Security Center I am fed up. Anyone have
good advice on how to resolve this problem?

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:02:55 -0400, batdave0 wrote:

> I've had a huge problem getting my HP 2710 to work with my network.
> Everything seems to be working properly, but I get an error message when I
> try to use the scanner saying there is a communication problem with the
> device. HP support is relatively stupid and after numerous reinstalls of
> both my HP software and McAfee Security Center I am fed up. Anyone have
> good advice on how to resolve this problem?

I'm going to ask a silly question - did you get the latest drivers from the
HP.COM website? I had some com errors too (in addition to everything else)
and the newest driver set helped.

Just my two cents..

--
Thanks to Google Groups - I now MISS AOL users... :(