[SOLVED] HP 27xq - Wierd green back light issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Hello, I have a problem with my monitor. After a while of using it, I get these wierd uneven lines on the top of my monitor. It is the HP 27xq running at 1440p 144hz via DP and is about 1 year old. The lines are only visible on light background that are not completely the same color, appear green especially on video and appear to "bleed" upwards. I did not put excess pressure on the monitor, nor have I ever spilled anything on it. I clean it with an antistatic foam cleaner and microfiber cloth, could the liquid have gotten inside the monitor ? Also since the lines seem to go between pixels I assume this is not a problem with the cable or GPU. Is there any way I can fix the monitor myself because I can't wait for RMA since I need it for online classes.
Picture of the problem: View: https://imgur.com/a/1i8PogE

Reactions: alarbcoin
Solution
To me it looks like an issue with the panel itself, whereby the panel heats up and the lines appear. If it were a problem with the cable, you'd have seem lines appear from the get go and with a larger pixel. Regardless of that assumption, you might want to try swapping cables and inputs to see if the issue persists. You can also try and (re)boot into BIOS to see if the issue is present there(after the issue crops up in desktop, after the hour mark as stated).

Is there any way I can fix the monitor myself because I can't wait for RMA since I need it for online classes.
Not that I can think of since you're actually wasting a perfectly good opportunity to get a brand new monitor from the guys at HP(or the seller of the monitor).

Lutfij

Titan
To me it looks like an issue with the panel itself, whereby the panel heats up and the lines appear. If it were a problem with the cable, you'd have seem lines appear from the get go and with a larger pixel. Regardless of that assumption, you might want to try swapping cables and inputs to see if the issue persists. You can also try and (re)boot into BIOS to see if the issue is present there(after the issue crops up in desktop, after the hour mark as stated).

Is there any way I can fix the monitor myself because I can't wait for RMA since I need it for online classes.
Not that I can think of since you're actually wasting a perfectly good opportunity to get a brand new monitor from the guys at HP(or the seller of the monitor).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.