Question HP 600 G2 motherboard for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2019
I bought an HP prodesk 600 G2 with an I5 6500 CPU. Will, the stock HP motherboard work for gaming and support a GTX 1060? I also bought a new mid-tower mATX case to transfer everything. Will the motherboard be compatible with the case?

kanewolf

Titan
I bought an HP prodesk 600 G2 with an I5 6500 CPU. Will, the stock HP motherboard work for gaming and support a GTX 1060? I also bought a new mid-tower mATX case to transfer everything. Will the motherboard be compatible with the case?
The maintenance manual for the PC shows that the motherboard has a PCIe slot. The BIG problem is that it has a 200W power supply. That won't support a 1060 graphics card. It may also have very short power cables since it was originally a SFF. That means even moving to the new case may require a new power supply. A new power supply will require adapters (if you can find them) since that motherboard doesn't have standard power connectors.

Aug 4, 2019
The maintenance manual for the PC shows that the motherboard has a PCIe slot. The BIG problem is that it has a 200W power supply. That won't support a 1060 graphics card. It may also have very short power cables since it was originally a SFF. That means even moving to the new case may require a new power supply. A new power supply will require adapters (if you can find them) since that motherboard doesn't have standard power connectors.

I bought a new power supply already. What kind of adapters do I need? Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.