[SOLVED] HP 64GB Flash Drive not working

Jun 25, 2018
I have a HP 64bg usb 2.0 flash drive, which is expensive for me. My elder sister used this flash drive for taking some lectures from a friend. Her friend's PC was working on Ubuntu. After she took lectures in USB, the flash drive was not working either on Windows or Android (OTG). I tried formatting, but it says 'Write Protected disk'. And sometimes it also gives an error that file system is not recognized. I have tried those fixes which use command line to remove write protection. It didnt work. I also tried other fixes. But I haven't tried booting it on ubuntu as the PC which damaged is has turned into trash now. Can I get some help please?

Solution
The only workaround RAW is to format the disk in FAT32 for anything or NTFS for Windows but either will cause loss of data. Even if the encryyption was of your own doing, you canlt do anything about it.

If this problem came into my shop I would head for my tame old Linux disk and run it as a Live CD in a spare Partition if you have one - maybe a VM if not. PCLinux 2010 works every time but any flavour will probably do the same.

If you have the decryption code and rescue any data you want then format in FAT32 for general use.
Jun 25, 2018

No, It has no such switch. I have already tried registry tweak. Also for more info, I checked the Flash Drive in Hard disk management. My flash drive's file system is RAW and its encrypted too. I hope it helps.

The only workaround RAW is to format the disk in FAT32 for anything or NTFS for Windows but either will cause loss of data. Even if the encryyption was of your own doing, you canlt do anything about it.

If this problem came into my shop I would head for my tame old Linux disk and run it as a Live CD in a spare Partition if you have one - maybe a VM if not. PCLinux 2010 works every time but any flavour will probably do the same.

If you have the decryption code and rescue any data you want then format in FAT32 for general use.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS