• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

HP 7825 Software install can not see WLAN printer - Although Windows does

thinktall

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
My hp 8725 printer can be used and seen by windows 8.1 . However the HP software and tools installation can not "see" it. Although its available for printing and scanning from windows. I would like to use the HP tools to manage the printer and fax/scan services but with out the HP specific software install this is quite a challenge. Any ideas how to ge tthe software install to see the printer BTW the printer has a static IP Address and I know it - even when giving the HP installer the correct IP address it still can not see the printer (Verified ip address with CMD Ping). Any ideas?

Update things tried out : De/ Reinstall software , with /without Firewall, reboot, used HP Printer Doctor - this identifies the printer but then starts the standard install process that then can not identify the printer, also tried on a windows 10 system, also tried with ethernet instead of WLan - same result.

thinktall

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
Partial Answer - actualy the printer can be managed through the Web Interface (put the IP address in a browser. most of the functions seem to be here - however the PC based software suite still does not reconise the printer.

thinktall

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
It Develops further: It seems to be a problem associated with Windows 8.1 (with all current updates) . It installs fine on a windows 7 and windows 10 system.

Ergo a Bug with dealing with windows 8.1? Also the HP AiO ( Hp remote Printer management App called All-in-one does not work with Windows 8.1 but does with windows 10)