[SOLVED] Hp 8760w graphic card n integrated graphic

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hi,
I have hp 8760w 17 inch with i7 2nd gen and 8gb ram.
Recently, my laptop stop working (not turning on) and I had to take it to a local repair shop.
His diagnosis was nvidia Qaudro 3000m graphic card, which they had to repair.
Once repaired he said the laptop is working now with the graphics card but not without it.
And I can pick it up.
He did mention to work without the card, he need to adjust some setting, then it wouldn't work with graphic card.
Which I did not understand.
Do anyone understand this part too

Solution
Sounds to me like they have set the Quadro up to be the main GPU in laptop

Most laptops have 2 GPU they can use, the one built into the CPU and the extra one, in your case a Quadro. Most laptops will use the integrated GPU Cores in your CPU for a majority of the actions, and only use the Quadro for more graphically intensive processes.
It sounds like the only way yours will work is with one of them, not both.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Most laptops have 2 GPU they can use, the one built into the CPU and the extra one, in your case a Quadro. Most laptops will use the integrated GPU Cores in your CPU for a majority of the actions, and only use the Quadro for more graphically intensive processes.

Solution

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

seem that way, sad though as mobo own graphic card isnt working. i got it serviced, repaired on the graphic card and now laptop is working,
HP8670W laptop

Mobile Intel QM67 Express chipset​
display​
Internal:
  • 17.3-inch diagonal LED-backlit FHD WVA anti-glare (1920 x 1080 resolution)
  • External:
    • Up to 32-bit per pixel color depth
    • DisplayPort supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, 30-bit color depth at 60 Hz, and full HD (1920 x 1080) monitors, 24-bit color depth at 120 Hz.
    • VGA port supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 75 Hz, and lower resolutions at up to 100 Hz.
    • DVI-D (single link) video signal available through DVI port in optional HP Docking Station (sold separately) supports resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at both full and reduced blanking, and 1920 x 1200 at reduced blanking.4
Processors​
Second Generation Intel Core i7 processors:
  • Intel Core i7-2630QM processor (2.00 GHz, 6MB L3 cache, 4 cores/8 threads, 45 W)12
    Up to 2.90 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

Graphics​
  • NVIDIA Quadro 3000M with 2GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Quadro is the GPU on motherboard, the one that isn't working is the Intel HD graphics built into the CPU.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as you happy with it.
they fixed the Quadro 3000m and not the intel internal graphics. and he said to make the intel graphic built in then he needs to remove quadro graphic card, which i could not understand why?
so since it is working, I'm fine but i would have preferred both working together, so the Quadro only kicks in for heavy stuff and not for web browsing and office.
thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
To me, this may be a matter of them not using the right drivers and breaking the dual video support. If it's working the way it is, you may be better of just leaving it working instead of trying to fix it and break it again.
that idea crossed my mind, I also seen it be a setting in the Nvidia control panel as well, but I wouldn't mess with something that currently works.