HP Announces Chromebook 11 G5 With Optional Touchscreen For $269

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Stay away from this. I got myself an HP Stream netbook for $199. Worst trash ever. It took minutes to fully boot up, very unresponsive mousepad and it is VERY slow.

You honestly get what you pay for in this case.

This laptop and my stream have the same CPU and same eMMC memory.

Just save more money and get a proper laptop.

lequim

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
You should know what you're buying BEFORE buying it. Don't blame HP. a $199 netbook with windows is gonna be slow whenever you like it or not.
In this case whe're talking about a chromebook, with chromeOS, that is a very light OS. It should perform fairly enough for 90% of the people.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I have experience with HP's Chromebooks. They're great... the very best mousepads ever and fantastic simplicity in craftsmanship. Previously, the displays were weak TN, but I was fortunate to score one of the rare IPS panels.

As for the dude who thinks that HP Stream is the mantra for everything they make, wake up! Stream was known to be old and cheap tech used to keep the price rock bottom. You had 10 year old mouse technology with a spinning hard disk, cruddy display, weak battery, cheap plastic, and low RAM.

Anyway, the majority of HP's consumer stuff is nothing worth getting... just like their competitors... not worth getting the consumer stuff. As for their business notebooks, I'm a firm believer that they think more through than their competition. HP has most of my business, but I'm careful with what I get. I'd have no qualms about getting this Chromebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.