HP Announces Price For Tablet-Laptop Hybrid Envy x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]punahou1[/nom]I'm confused - I thought HP got out of the tablet business...[/citation]
this is misstyped it is supposed to be a slate..
the got out of the table business but not the slate business
which is a table with real os. This only help them to keep saying that they don't make table, only slate.

G

None of the announced Clovertrail powered laptops / slates are over 1366x786 res. The lower resolution and low power CPU is one of the ways to keep performance snappy and the battery life at unheard of levels for a slate. These aren't machines for playing Skyrim. They are great for portability, versatility, media consumption, and basic office productivity. Want more power? Try the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T. $1200.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Think they threw into too many gadgets which shot the price up. They should have kept a price tag at around $500 and ripped out the NFC, hd webcam, 8meg camera, beats audio, etc to bring the price down. As no matter how you look at it, it is still running a Atom CPU which isn't much and those neat little gadgets mean nothing majority of the time.

Had they did that and delivered a striped down netbook/tablet at that price point than it would look good.

G

I love it. This is a full windows tablet that runs windows. The backlit display means I can use it outside in the direct sun, the keyboard adds an additional battery getting you close to 16 hours, and other goodies. I so need one of these in my line of work. This thing blows the ipad and android tablets out of the water with its ability to run windows legacy software. The atom is a plus for battery life and todays atoms are not like those of yester-year they are quick. I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.