HP Announces Specs for Chromebox Mini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lukitsh

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
I'd love to see one of these with a little more storage and running Windows. I don't know why you don't see a lot of these good looking form factors running Windows, but rather running Chrome OS or even Android. A lot of folks are still upgrading from XP, and these little boxes at affordable prices could be tempting for people upgrading on a budget.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Great little box. Might be a perfect for a few libraries that are looking to upgrade around my area.

Specs are a bit... deceiving. The i7-4600u is basically a dual core with 4 threads. It's not a full blown i7 point for point.

Still might pick up one to play around with. Be awesome if I could load up [strike]Windows[/strike] Ubuntu and get Steam In-House streaming going with this.

ajr1775

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2014

I hope that was sarcastic...
Pentium is entry level, i3, even, but the i7 is high-end consumer.

An entry-level i7, look at the specs. They just hit the warehouses at Synnex. Ingram and Tech Data don't have theirs unloaded yet. Already have a few orders to fulfill for some clients so it's play time.

Your lack of a definite article confused me. Sorry. I read that as you saying that the i7 proecessors were "entry-level" as in bottom of the market specs for a $300.00 laptop, not an the i7 entry-level, which would be the lowest grade of the i7 processor line.

Status
Not open for further replies.