Question HP BY OMEN 15 GPU ISSUE?

japekki

Honorable
May 5, 2017
Hello,

I bought HP BY OMEN 15 today, and ran in to some issues. Started it up and got greeted by horizontal stripes across the screen. Well, I thought it could be driver issue...

The PC recognizes Integrated AMD drivers, Microsoft default ones, and RTX3060 laptop one, if I uninstall / disable integrated ones, it hops to Microsoft ones, not the RTX3060, if i try to uninstall Microsoft ones, it reinstalls them ASAP and hops on them, I can get the dedicated GPU Work on different screen, just not on the laptop itself... Is it just faulty? I think the stripes are caused of integrated gpu, dedicated could fix it.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? As of this moment are you able to get into your OS? If so, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

Use DDU to uninstall your drivers. Make sure you've downloaded the latest GPU drivers from HP's support site for the laptop and then install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Might want to disconnect from the internet when you're running DDU. Reconnect after you've installed the drivers.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

I bought HP BY OMEN 15 today, and ran in to some issues. Started it up and got greeted by horizontal stripes across the screen. Well, I thought it could be driver issue...

The PC recognizes Integrated AMD drivers, Microsoft default ones, and RTX3060 laptop one, if I uninstall / disable integrated ones, it hops to Microsoft ones, not the RTX3060, if i try to uninstall Microsoft ones, it reinstalls them ASAP and hops on them, I can get the dedicated GPU Work on different screen, just not on the laptop itself... Is it just faulty? I think the stripes are caused of integrated gpu, dedicated could fix it.
Take it back it's not your job to work on a brand new LT.

Started it up and got greeted by horizontal stripes across the screen

Reactions: Corwin65

japekki

Honorable
May 5, 2017
What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? As of this moment are you able to get into your OS? If so, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

Use DDU to uninstall your drivers. Make sure you've downloaded the latest GPU drivers from HP's support site for the laptop and then install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Might want to disconnect from the internet when you're running DDU. Reconnect after you've installed the drivers.
Thanks for the reply, using Build 19042 and i can get to the OS without an issue. Second monitor can use dedicated GPU, laptop forces integrated ones. I will try installation with Run as Adminstrator. Very clueless with this one.

Not sure about the BIOS version, tried to get there, had no options at all, updated it, there was still very few options, nothing related to gpu.

japekki

Honorable
May 5, 2017
Its just forcing it like this, after I uninstall AMD Radeon drivers, it forces Microsoft Basic Default Driver...Nvidia control panel is really limited whenwithout monitor, when I plug in Monitor all the settings appear.
gGpKczr.png

TRENDING THREADS