HP CEO Meg Whitman Received $15.4M in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Meg Whitman is a dumb &%#$. All CEOs and board members decide each other's pay, not the actual owners of the company (share holders). Wouldn't it be nice if we could all decide that, despite poor performance at our mundane jobs, we deserve a nice 500% bonus above our base salary.
Shit, count me in!

G

Hey HP, i will work for $1 with $500,000 in stock options and i will give you a much better chance returning to profitability, if you hire me.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]Soon she'll lose that amount of money when she drives HP down the drain.[/citation]

She wont lose a dime, paid to take responsibility while in the end takes none when it goes bad. Its like any other company really, the higher up the less real risk to loose in the end as their future is already secured.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
That old saying, "every nation has the government it deserves", while not quite true for people and their nationality, is extremely accurate for shareholders and the CEO of their company.
You are not shackled to HP. Drop it, go find somewhere else to invest to.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Well good for her. Elsewhere, in the Republic of Debt- excuse me- the United States of China, everyone seems to have gotten exceptionally good at bending over, and quite unabashedly at that.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]She wont lose a dime, paid to take responsibility while in the end takes none when it goes bad. Its like any other company really, the higher up the less real risk to loose in the end as their future is already secured.[/citation]
Welcome to modern Capitalism....

Afrospinach

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2012
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]Soon she'll lose that amount of money when she drives HP down the drain.[/citation]

Well that is kind of the idea when paying someone in stock options.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Afrospinach[/nom]Well that is kind of the idea when paying someone in stock options.[/citation]
it's called Tax evasion........when their official salary is 1bucks, technically they're eligible to not pay tax

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Meg Whitman is a dumb &%#$. All CEOs and board members decide each other's pay, not the actual owners of the company (share holders). Wouldn't it be nice if we could all decide that, despite poor performance at our mundane jobs, we deserve a nice 500% bonus above our base salary. Shit, count me in![/citation]

Cry, much?

npcomplete

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]it's called Tax evasion........when their official salary is 1bucks, technically they're eligible to not pay tax[/citation]
It's called tax avoidance, and I don't blame anyone, no matter how rich they are, for wanting to lessen their own tax burden (unless they're hypocritical bastards like Warren Buffet). However, she still has to pay tax on the dividends and capital gains.

In fact the title is misleading since that's what the options and shares awarded are worth, but until she execute the options and sells the stock, she isn't getting any money. And being paid with stock investment rather than cash salary is supposed to provide an incentive to boost company performance since your actual payout is dependent on share price.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]it's called Tax evasion........when their official salary is 1bucks, technically they're eligible to not pay tax[/citation]

You have no idea what you are writing about... It's called Capital Gains tax and it's what the recent fight over the Bush tax cuts are all about. He salary is $1, so assuming no other income, her fed tax bracket is %15, and that would apply to any non-qualified dividends, or increases in her investment portfolio value (i.e. "capital gains"). She has to pay tax on that income, without actually receiving it. Although, given her personal wealth, I don't see it as a real burden to her.

[citation][nom]npcomplete[/nom]It's called tax avoidance, and I don't blame anyone, no matter how rich they are, for wanting to lessen their own tax burden.[/citation]

And I don't blame anyone for not giving a **** what you think about how much tax wealthy people need to pay. She is a billionaire and can suck it up. When she starts struggling and has to choose between the house payment or buying groceries, then she can have my sympathies on her tax "burden". Nothing that woman does add any value to any corporation, and they still throw money at her like rice at a wedding. How much do you think the researchers that developed the patents HP filed this year got paid? Or how about the slave labor that slogs into work every day to build their workstations and laptops? ..|. People like her are real "takers", sucking up all the air in room so much that everyone else is choking.

TechnoBowl

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
$15,362,142:

FOR WHAT?! Running a company further into the ground? I never thought that was possible since Carly and her dumb*** lackey Mark Hurd raided HP just for the money; screwed the techies and burnt down the whole damn thing and took a leak on the ashes of a once great company.

I'm simply amazed how far HP has fallen; and how stupid the people are that are running the company.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

On what planet do you live on?

Seriously, ALL CEOs and board members get huge amounts of money even when the company is failing.

It's one of the only jobs you can get paid absurd amounts for failing at it. Another one of those jobs is a politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.