HP CEO Will Decide PC Division's Fate This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Ok, so after reading this article, I can say this: She's going to try and prove firstly that she is a 'tough' woman with 'thick skin', make swift decisions, and also meet the quarter's progected revenue all at the same time. It sounds like she's about to make brash decisions, overlook small, but important details, and completely fail to make the revenue because of this. A company would rather have a meticulous-thinker who takes care and time in to making decisions, and the ability to bend a few 'tried and true' methods of marketing and engineering in order to make the company grow. You can't make a bigger garden without first ripping up more ground.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
The only thing that I have liked from HP are their PRINTERS.

As far as HP-PC's ... meh.

I build my own, always, never cared for pre built junk.

G

Meg Whitman, the same lady who bought Skype for billions, and didn't actually buy anything. Good luck HP, you'll need it.

http://exiledonline.com/how-meg-whitman-failed-her-way-to-the-top-at-ebay-collecting-billions-while-nearly-destroying-the-company/

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]HP is a crap company. The only people who buy their computers are nit wits.[/citation]
And what company isn't? And that's a very broad statement you make about those who buy from HP. You expect everyone to build their own to run Microsoft Office or check email? Or do you recommend Dell?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]HP is a crap company. The only people who buy their computers are nit wits.[/citation]
I suppose you build your own high quality, light weight laptops...

I think they should stop making desktops and focus on laptops. Their desktops dont sell very well compared to acers and cheaper companies. Their laptops however are very good and alot of people buy them. If they focus more on laptops and design innovations at low cost, they can make more profits. there are good alternatives, but hp is not bad.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
First item on the agenda, should we tank a $45 billion business?
Tough call, vote on it?
Second item, shall we all have a 30% pay rise and double our pensions?
Tabled, seconded, voted, passed.
Third item, anyone for golf?

wlachan

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I think she's already decided to keep the PC division but just let the market to absorb the news instead of releasing another instant heart attack like her predecessor. Okay now, where to get the Touchpad botton spare part? Mine is merely 2 weeks old but already cracked around the speakers. Oh please, hire some competence engineers who don't design crappy products. HP was once a proud company but has turned into a junk maker in merely a decade. Wake up HP!

panto

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
HP is a heavyweight in PCs. Whatever difficulties the PC market is facing now, they are better positioned to absorb the impacts than the smaller companies. This can only mean that as the going gets tough, more and more lightweight companies will drop off the map and HP should be the last one standing.

halcyon

Splendid
Looking at HP's desktops and laptops compared to Dell's doesn't leave a feeling that HP makes a great product. They do have a couple of reasonably built laptops in the Envy line, however.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I'm looking for a 13-14" llano laptop and guess which company is selling the only one I've found.....
Truth is uncertainty is effecting my decision, its the fact that HP's laptops are build like crap and they've reliability and customer services to match. Regardless if the keep or sell the division, I've had so many run ins with the company and their products that I plain refuse to even touch them with a barge pole.
The only people who do touch them are generally uninformed consumers, (or the case of palm a decent bargin and hope hp hasn't sunk its claws of death into it), in which case uncertainty doesn't effect them either. Most offices and uni's here use dell, apple or fujitsu. I haven't seen an HP computer in a long time outside of PC world.

G

Consumer products are quite crap but commercial PCs and laptops are superb. People saying that HP rigs are crap have never used or buyed their consumer products. In other words, they d better don't speak about products their never used

G

It's funny, HP pcs used to be EXPENSIVE business machines like IBM Digital. Hi Quality but EXPENSIVE.

Then they merge with the that cancer called Compaq, and their PCs become useless junk. Hmmm It took some time the Compaq cancer got into all their PCs, especially laptops. I was involved in 1 of the class action lawsuits regarding nvidia chipsets and overheating laptops.

THANK GOD THEY NEVER LET THE COMPAQ CANCER TOUCH THEIR PRINTERS, WHEW.

But now we don't print as much......

Status
Not open for further replies.