Hp Color Laserjet 2550N Queue

I am a new member to this Google Group; the main reason I joined is
that my family bought a new HP 2550N. It is directly connected to our
ethernet (100mbps) and I have it installed as a printer on my PC, not
as the default. Whenever I print something, that print job stays in
the print queue forever. I mean, everything prints fine, but it just
stays in the print queue. This wouldn't be a big deal, but recently,
when I restarted my machine, and had something still in the 2550n's
queue, I heard the HP 2550N printing. I knew no one else would be
printing at that time so I went in the room in which the 2550N is and
saw that everything in my print queue was printing, again!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kyle Bandy
KC9GLR

Go to wheresgeorge.com!

ME

In message <1121096809.144390.137720@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, Kyle
Bandy <bandy.kyle@gmail.com> writes
>I am a new member to this Google Group; the main reason I joined is
>that my family bought a new HP 2550N. It is directly connected to our
>ethernet (100mbps) and I have it installed as a printer on my PC, not
>as the default. Whenever I print something, that print job stays in
>the print queue forever. I mean, everything prints fine, but it just
>stays in the print queue. This wouldn't be a big deal, but recently,
>when I restarted my machine, and had something still in the 2550n's
>queue, I heard the HP 2550N printing. I knew no one else would be
>printing at that time so I went in the room in which the 2550N is and
>saw that everything in my print queue was printing, again!

Does the printer have a hard disk or something? My printer has a
separate fiery/rip unit with a hard disk and is currently set to store
the last four jobs (it could store rather more) and if I connect to its
web address there they are stored for me to duplicate the print jobs or
the like. Could it be something along these lines? If so there should
be an option somewhere to store or not store the print jobs.

--
Timothy

No, this printer doesn't have a Hard-disk drive. One other thing is
that only the stuff printed from my machine stays in the print queue;
that is, my computer is the only one with this problem. Also, no one
can see the print jobs that I have already printed, just my machine.

ME

In message <1121438388.933690.3970@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Kyle
Bandy <bandy.kyle@gmail.com> writes
>No, this printer doesn't have a Hard-disk drive. One other thing is
>that only the stuff printed from my machine stays in the print queue;
>that is, my computer is the only one with this problem. Also, no one
>can see the print jobs that I have already printed, just my machine.

Is there an option in the printer driver to store them on the local
machine? I haven't got the drivers on this machine, but I'm fairly sure
my Xerox colour laser has an option to save print jobs for future use,
its meant to be some cunning way to save you some spooling time on
repeated jobs.

--
Timothy

Okay, I did find some new options by going through Start>Printers and
Faxes and then right clicking the hp 2550n and going to the advance
tab. Here is a link to what the advanced tab looks like:
http://snipurl.com/gbua .

Thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS