Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am having a problem with my HP PSC 2210 all-in-one printer. The output
colors don't match the colors of the image on my screen. Even worse, this
has been happening for my past 3 HP printers.

I've consulted HP tech support successfully, but all of their obvious
solutions didn't resolve my problem - or so it seems. Solutions included:
cartridge cleaning/replacement/maintenance, printer cartridge carrier
cleaning, driver upgrading...

My printer seems to print bright colors such as cyan as turquoise and green
as medium green. Grays are off sometimes. And occasionally, I'll have to
adjust the gamma of a photo to get it to print the actual colors in the
image.

Does anyone else have such a problem as ongoing as this? Any information is
appreciated. Thank you!

============================
- Dave
http://members.cox.net/grundage

Dave wrote:
> I am having a problem with my HP PSC 2210 all-in-one printer. The
> output colors don't match the colors of the image on my screen. Even
> worse, this has been happening for my past 3 HP printers.
>
> I've consulted HP tech support successfully, but all of their obvious
> solutions didn't resolve my problem - or so it seems. Solutions
> included: cartridge cleaning/replacement/maintenance, printer
> cartridge carrier cleaning, driver upgrading...
>
> My printer seems to print bright colors such as cyan as turquoise and
> green as medium green. Grays are off sometimes. And occasionally,
> I'll have to adjust the gamma of a photo to get it to print the
> actual colors in the image.
>
> Does anyone else have such a problem as ongoing as this? Any
> information is appreciated. Thank you!
>
> ============================
> - Dave
> http://members.cox.net/grundage

com.periphs.printers is a good resource for color printing issues. If
you are using any color profiling in the image processing application,
turn it off and see if there is an improvement.

"Dave" <dave@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1Ihbc.4182$zc1.1164@okepread03...
> I am having a problem with my HP PSC 2210 all-in-one printer. The output
> colors don't match the colors of the image on my screen. Even worse, this
> has been happening for my past 3 HP printers.
>
> I've consulted HP tech support successfully, but all of their obvious
> solutions didn't resolve my problem - or so it seems. Solutions included:
> cartridge cleaning/replacement/maintenance, printer cartridge carrier
> cleaning, driver upgrading...
>
> My printer seems to print bright colors such as cyan as turquoise and green
> as medium green. Grays are off sometimes. And occasionally, I'll have to
> adjust the gamma of a photo to get it to print the actual colors in the
> image.
>
> Does anyone else have such a problem as ongoing as this? Any information is
> appreciated. Thank you!

Most likely you need to get your screen calibrated. See the following:
http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/index.htm
http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

It is also possible that you have incorrect paper settings in the paper type
section. If you are using HP paper be sure to match to the proper type of
photo paper as different papers have somewhat different color maps that the
printer driver takes into account. If you are using non-HP paper you may have
to experiment with the HP photo paper settings or "other photo paper" setting.

Regards,
Microsoft MVP

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:48:57 -0600, "Dave" <dave@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am having a problem with my HP PSC 2210 all-in-one printer. The output
>colors don't match the colors of the image on my screen. Even worse, this
>has been happening for my past 3 HP printers.

Try to adjust your screen to match the colors from the printer using
your preferred print settings and paper.

There are several test patterns at
http://www.pacificnet.net/~johnr/calib.html
that may help.

But you won't be able to get 100% screen-to-printer correlation. The
capabilities of the two mediums are too different. See "color gamut."
One discussion is at
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/researchDevelopment/technologyFeatures/gamut.shtml

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Si

> Well, I've used a few different monitors over the past three HP printers,
> too. I sincerely hope that adjusting my screen won't be an issue. It seems
> unreal to me...do many people have this problem?
>
> --

Using different monitors makes no difference if you've never calibrated one.

It's one of the basics of colour reproduction. I'm a professional
photographer and *have* to ensure decent calibration to ensure that I can
print what I see on screen - because you can bet that my clients wouldn't be
happy if my prints were off the mark.

Take a look here....

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/c9fe.htm

Cheers,

Si.

cableguy

I've (my wife ) have been trying to print off of our Kodak digi camera
software and have been getting mostly green images . I'm not sure if it
is the cartridges sometimes it says ink low and then it doesnt. PSC2210
has done good in the past but I cant figure this out > Would a firmware
upgrade have anything to do with it? By doing the windows xp updates ,
that wouldnt change anything with the printer? Would it? Ive changed the
cartridges . Is there anything you need to do inside of the unit?