[SOLVED] HP COMPAQ 6200 PSUs

DercrysisBZ

Prominent
May 14, 2019
I'm wanting to upgrade my processor to a i7-2600 and my GPU to a GTX 1060 or a GTX 1660.. but my big question is, what power supply do i need for the HP compaq 6200 MT?? Will a modular power supply will do, or a standard? Which cables will i be able to find that are compatible with this HP business computer? And the wattage is 320 and that's clearly not enough for the GTX 1060, or the i7-2600

Solution
CPU should be OK but the video card, that is something else since the motherboard has a custom power connection and it may not provide enough power to the PCIe slot to be stable on anything past the low end cards. I would sell this thing and do a normal build or at least get a used system with a standard motherboard.
CPU should be OK but the video card, that is something else since the motherboard has a custom power connection and it may not provide enough power to the PCIe slot to be stable on anything past the low end cards. I would sell this thing and do a normal build or at least get a used system with a standard motherboard.

Reactions: DercrysisBZ
Solution