Question HP Compaq elite 8300 mini tower case

Gjpc

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
Hi, I have a question about a pc case I can upgrade to.
It's an HP Compaq 8300 mini tower
I don't know if the specs matter but it's an I5 500w PSU and an Evga Geforce gtx 1050ti SSC acx 3.0
thanks

Gjpc

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
I can also show similar pictures to mine for an idea. Same PC below Thanks.
71pbcY9t88L._AC_SX466_.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Jul 19, 2018
I can also show similar pictures to mine for an idea. Same PC below Thanks.
71pbcY9t88L._AC_SX466_.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Ok. The motherboard appears to be Micro-ATX sized. But to check the size, can you measure it if you can?

If you have an M-ATX board, this means that you will be able to use a brand new Micro-ATX case with it if you are wanting have a case that’s similar size to yours and compact.

For your new case, what model were you going to buy?

Also, one last thing. Can I see the back of the PC? (Where the cables are plugged). I need to see if there is a separate I/O port (not built into the case) If you don’t have a separate I/O port, transferring it to a new case will result in a hole in the back.

Jun 5, 2020
Hey, I know its a few months since the topic, but out of curiosity i have also an HP 8300 just like yours, and I'm also thinking changing case, however , the heatsink from the cpu is not standard to be used in other cases directly. Did you manage to work this around? Thanks!

Gjpc

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
Hey, I know its a few months since the topic, but out of curiosity i have also an HP 8300 just like yours, and I'm also thinking changing case, however , the heatsink from the cpu is not standard to be used in other cases directly. Did you manage to work this around? Thanks!

Hi, I also had that problem I did get a different heatsink custom made for the case and mobo I wanted. Hopefully, that may help you decide if you're getting a custom case.

TRENDING THREADS