HP Compaq Pro 6300 Sff psu upgrade

I have an hp compaq pro 6300 sff, which, if you are not familiar with it, has an L shaped 240w psu that wraps around the hard drive. I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade it to some higher powered psu.

Gyustarr

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
Form factor pcs like yours take very specific components. There's a chance that a new psu simply won't fit. I ran into the same problem with my acer x3910. The only way to upgrade was to switch to a new,bigger case entirely.

Gyustarr

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
You could take measurements to see if you can fit a normal psu inside it, see if the brackets/ screw holes are compatible. Another idea is to take a not necessarily functional psu with the standard form factor and screw it in the old one's place to see if it fits.
In any case, I know what a headache finding compatible parts for a form factor pc, can be. If your budget allows it, look into a case that fits your needs.

Im going to need a psu that will fit in a 3.5 inch drive bay because the current psu is L shaped over a 3.5 inch hard drive(that I CAN move to a second drive bay under the optical drive)