Hp computer wont boot up

tazzytish

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello,
my hp home comp wont upload windows since i clicked compress boot mnger? i said yes then it shut down , all i can do is get it up to inside, but not windows help????

Boot Manager is compressed
If by accident having compressed the entire boot partition, then Vista will display the following error:

BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
Check points for fixing compressed boot-manager: •Boot into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and perform a "Startup Repair".
•If the above doesn't solve the problem then boot into WinRE again, but when selecting the Vista-installation, then press "Load Drivers" (Instead of "Next") and use the mini Windows Explorer to right-click the boot-drive and deselect "Compress this Drive" and choose Apply to sub-folders and files.
•If that also fails then boot into WinRE again, and go to the "Command Prompt" and execute these commands: ◦compact /U C:\bootmgr
◦compact /U C:\ntldr

•If you for some strange reason have lost your Vista DVD, then you can also use a Windows 2000 / XP install CD and enter the recovery console instead and execute the following commands: ◦attrib -c c:\bootmgr
◦attrib -c c:\ntldr