HP DC5800. Good Buy?

ajones831

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Hi everyone. I am currently using a Dell Dimension E520 running on a Intel Celeron D 3.06GHZ with 1GB of Ram, currently running on windows vista. Trying to stream, listen to music and even doing day to day computing things has become a nightmare. Constantly freezing and even when it's not frozen, it's painfully slow. A friend of mine who works for a computer company has a HP DC5800 Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 320GB HDD running on windows 7. Is this a good machine?..more importantly is it fast enough to cope with streaming on the internet etc?
They want £100 for it, which after looking around, seems reasonable.

Would appreciate any replies. Thanks. :)

Blooming Gael

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
I recently bought one of these (though a small form factor with 1tb hdd) for about $150 on Newegg (it was also open box, but I didn't have any significant issues with it). I'm installing a new graphic card today (PNY geforce gt 730) and can update you on how it works out. Playing some low-end games on the integrated graphics so far and it's fine. I'm hoping to use Photoshop on it as well. My daughter has been streaming Netflix and watching stuff on Youtube as well, with no issues.

TRENDING THREADS