hpdeskjet

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Hi,
I have a HP Deskjet 5440 and I'm having problems printing with it lately. Sometimes, the printer will not print even though the ink is full. The orange light blinks, indicating that there is a shortage of paper or ink. When I am able to print a document, the same thing happens if I try to print a second document. My PC says that that the printer is offline even though it is connected to my computer via a USB port. Could a dying USB cable cause this, or could it be something else? I'm also using re-manufactured ink cartridges if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Solution
Non-HP ink will cause the low ink warning, that's not an issue really, the 3rd party cartridges just don't have the proper chip to be read by the printer. Offline can be a bad USB cable or a pad port on the printer. Try a new cable, and uninstall and re-install the printer on the PC.
Non-HP ink will cause the low ink warning, that's not an issue really, the 3rd party cartridges just don't have the proper chip to be read by the printer. Offline can be a bad USB cable or a pad port on the printer. Try a new cable, and uninstall and re-install the printer on the PC.

Solution