HP Desktop PC Pavilion 7 MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT?

SidaLee

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
UPDATE INFO as of 04/02/2014 @ 5:18 PM (EST)

Had the chance to plug into another computer. The LG Monitor worked great, so we can rule that out. Both fans came on and the CPU is getting the power it needs to operate, but the monitor will not progress pass the HP logo screen when connected to the Pavilion P7, so I don't have the option to start in Safe Mode or access the BIOS. The computer did the same when connected to another monitor.

Any thoughts? Motherboard??.

Computer has worked great since it was purchase in 2013. Computer A required resetting the wireless modem, so Computer B was shut down properly. No sooner than I got Computer A up and running, Computer B has a problem. When the "on" button was pressed, it lit up as well as the decorative light that comes on above front-panel memory card reader slots lit up as well. The LG monitor comes on, logo stays on screen 10 seconds, then the Hp logo screen comes on the screen. Nothing else happens. This computer was running well 10 minutes earlier. I read the 2009 post that suggests unplugging the front-panel memory card reader, rebooting while the memory card reader is still unplugged and the computer corrects the error. That didn't work.

This computer also gets a lot of online gaming. The type of games were four or five people get together, talk over headset/microphones and plot to talk over the world (if I understand these games correctly, an actual full version game is not loaded onto the hard drive). This computer connects online via an Ethernet cable. The computer has not had any problems, nor was it slow or was lag time reported.

Processor: Intel Core i3-2130 Processor|#A4 Processor 3.4 GHz (3 MB cache)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
1536 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive0 GB Solid State Drive
Hard Drive: 1.5 TB SATA
Processor: 3.4 GHz Core i3-2130
RAM: 8 GB SDRAM DDR3
Graphics Coprocessor: AMD Radeon HD 7540D

It may be the power supply, try to take from computer a the psu and test it, sometimes even if the fans goes on it still ca be the psu because there is something wrong with the 12v line and does not have the necessary amps to power everything else except the fans.