[SOLVED] HP elitebook 8470p

toma41

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
I have the above laptop, about a year ago I had issues charging it. I would have to wiggle the power cord by the jack input for a few seconds up to a few minutes before it 'connected'. It's finally stopped connecting from the wiggling. I have tried a separate charger and I get the same issue.

I don't understand because when it is switched off and I plug it in, the power light on the outside of the laptop flashes about 8 times, so it seems there is some kind of a connection there.

Anyone have the same issue?

I believe I may need to replace the jack, is this simple ish to do? I am able to change desktop hardware but I have never tried with laptops.

cheers

Solution
I have the above laptop, about a year ago I had issues charging it. I would have to wiggle the power cord by the jack input for a few seconds up to a few minutes before it 'connected'. It's finally stopped connecting from the wiggling. I have tried a separate charger and I get the same issue.

I don't understand because when it is switched off and I plug it in, the power light on the outside of the laptop flashes about 8 times, so it seems there is some kind of a connection there.

I believe I may need to replace the jack, is this simple ish to do? I am able to change desktop hardware but I have never tried with laptops.

cheers
No, it's not simple as you swapped dekstop part, For laptop, they are...

cheers
No, it's not simple as you swapped dekstop part, For laptop, they are all component connected in one motherboard. You need a soldering skills, a simple mistake it will short and affect all components.

Send it in for warranty if it is still under warranty. Or you can bring it to a repair shop.

Solution