HP EliteBook laptop runs suspiciously slow

lyorwerld

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
I have a laptop with an i5-3437U processor that I before purchased about 5 (or so) years ago.
Full name is: HP EliteBook Folio 9470m.
I upgraded the memory to 8 GB, and the drive to the Crucial MX500 SSD since then.
I wanted to know why he still feels so slow while running basic content like YouTube videos of 1080P with 60FPS.
Not to mention even while playing movies that are on the computer SSD itself in 4K (on a separate screen of course), it is not able to run them.
What is strange to me is that devices that look much weaker can do it without a problem (for example Xiaomi mi box S).
My PC has Win 7 and Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon installed in a parallel boot, but the same phenomenon is happened on both of them with the same severity.
I made sure that they'll both be clean from unnecessary programs as much as possible, I actually do not use it for anything but surfing, and my Linux is almost 100% free of plugins, but it still happened from the start.
All in all, I keep my equipment pretty well (the PC is not damaged or ever fell down).

What makes me wonder, is this setup it does not meet the minimum requirements to run 4K?

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Run anti-virus scans, re-install your graphics drivers. With those specs (intel hd graphics) you most likely won't be able to run 4K video, and it's a maybe for 1080p 60fps.

Could you run 1080p 60fps videos fine before and has this suddenly happened?