Question HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF not recognising keyboard on post and bootup

jiv808

Honorable
Sep 5, 2018
Hi
Just having an issue with my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF PC.

I have a generic USB keyboard and mouse plugged into the rear USB 2.0 ports (they're not blue so I'm assuming ver 2.0).

Problem is that the keyboard is not getting recognised on boot. BUT when it starts up Win 11 I can unplug and plug in the keyboard and all is working.

I have updated the BIOS to ver 2.49.

Has anyone had an issue like this? I will try another USB keyboard but am puzzled as this keyboard works but you have to unplug/plug.

I'm wanting to sell this PC and I don't really want to sell it with this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
I will try another USB keyboard but am puzzled as this keyboard works but you have to unplug/plug.
You might want to pass on a link to the keyboard you're trying to use. You should also try and use a branded keyboard/mouse combo and see if that helps.

I have updated the BIOS to ver 2.49.
If you'd recently flashed the BIOS to the latest version, might want to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

jiv808

Honorable
Sep 5, 2018
Hi Lutfij

Thank you for your reply. I did indeed try another USB keyboard - a HP branded one. And it works!! LoL

The old keyboard is just a generic one from Kmart. :poop: