[SOLVED] HP EliteDesk 800G3 - HP EliteDesk 800G3 support 32GB (single) module - total 2x32GB ? WORK ?

max-bit

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
I have HP EliteDesk 800 G3 mini version
SODIMM modules come in there
I currently have 2 x 16GB
And now I wonder if the 32GB module will go there (single) - combined 2 x 32GB TOTAL 64GB
The specification officially says that not because 32GB modules were probably not available at the time.
Of course, the modules are DDR4
Chipset to Q270 Proc to i7-7700T (35W version)

CPU Spec :
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-7700t

Solution
This is the same motherboard as in your G3 mini?

Back to your first post:
And now I wonder if the 32GB module will go there (single) - combined 2 x 32GB TOTAL 64GB
The specification officially says that not because 32GB modules were probably not available at the time.
Where does the official specification say this?
This is what it does say in the small print at the bottom: "Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If you mix...

max-bit

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
But that's just a theory. the processor and chips do not have this limitation with the processor supporting the RAM up to 64GB.See model g4 support 32GB and g5 64GB.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
But that's just a theory. the processor and chips do not have this limitation with the processor supporting the RAM up to 64GB.See model g4 support 32GB and g5 64GB.
~Yeah, nope.
That's overridden by the motherboard, and the G3's maximum is 32GBs.
The 7700T may be fine with 64GBs, but the G3's motherboard isn't. Should you proceed with a 2x 32GB config anyway, you will find only a single stick being recognized.

max-bit

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
Are you saying that this is a limitation in the BIOS?

The first I hear that this limit resulted from the bios.
As was already the case for CPU or Chipset support.
I have some conviction that this limit results from the availability of modules because 32GB SODIMM modules were not available until now (now only samsung).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This is the same motherboard as in your G3 mini?

Back to your first post:
Where does the official specification say this?
This is what it does say in the small print at the bottom: "Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If you mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed."
32GBs kits were definitely available.

Anyway, my main point is: "HP are asshats that purposely crippled your upgrade options on the bios level to force you to buy brand new.

Solution