Hp energy star problems

predrag2013

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Almost everytime that I start my computer, there is a HP Energy Star logo that pops up in the middle of the screen and then shuts the screen down. The only way that I can get the screen to stay on is to constantly shut the screen on and off until the logo disappears. I have tried to eliminate the program, even had a tech work on it (that worked for a few days). Is there anyone out there that knows how to shut that program down? Befuddled.

predrag2013

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Yes, usually happen during the power up phase, but will also happen if I leave the computer for about 30 minutes or so. Sometimes when I power up, it will come on if I don't have the screen turned on first. Nothing consistent as to when it happens. I tried going into the "startup" program and shut it off, and that didn't seem to have any effect. It sometimes can take up to 20 minutes for the screen to finally work.

It looks like your system fails to POST or wake up from sleep mode after 1/2 hour of inactivity. Please explain what startup program you go into. Based on your comments, I believe your system has an issue (hardware or configuration), but your monitor seems to work fine. An Energy Star monitor goes black when it doesn't get any signal for several seconds. Make sure the default graphics adapter and the power options are configured correctly in the BIOS.

predrag2013

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Only tried the "Power Options" tab and set the Power Schemes to turn off the montor, hard drive and put the system on standy after "5" hours. The "Advanced" tab "power" button I set to "ask me what to do" when the "power" button is pressed, and the same "ask me what to do" when the "sleep" button is pressed. The other Power Options - Hibernate, UPS, and Away are not used. Don't know if any of these settings have had any effect on the Energy Star program or not. I have also looked at the "install/delete" program. Deleted a program that said "Energy Star", but it didn't seem to do anygood.