HP Envy 34c Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
I'd like a 2K version of one of these things. Speakers not needed. I have a DTS 5.1 in the office already. But my GPU isn't going to drive a 4k well. Even 2K will be hard but its cheaper to upgrade to a 2K capable card.

picture_perfect

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
I'd like a 2K version of one of these things. my GPU isn't going to drive a 4k well.

Yea. It's less than 4K but it's still too much. Lower frame rates are innately blurry on LCD, which makes spending money on quick pixel response times pointless. Also throw those low input lag numbers out the window when frame rendering takes this long. And of course enjoy some low frame rate jitters (with or without G-sync). I would spend another grand on dual gtx980s to get this monitor working like expected...well no, actually I wouldn't.

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I'd really like to see a VA panel designed for gaming, with lowest input lag and response time possible. To me it's the technology that looks the best between it, TN, and IPS, but it seems to be the worst in terms of speed... which isn't good for gaming.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
IPS has really tanked in price. You are now looking at around $800 for a 40" 4k IPS panel monitor now. Makes the 21:9 format not as well worth it outside of a cinema. You will need DisplayPort 1.2 and a beefy GPU to use the monitor.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

I just got a new monitor.. yesterday in fact.. spent all night messing with adjustments I got an Acer G-SYNC 3D vision.. don't have the 3D working yet.. got the glasses ordered... The monitor is a perfect match for Nvidia .. 27 inch .. my 980 card has come to life.. soooo coool..

Status
Not open for further replies.