Question HP Envy 360 touch screen slow no matter what

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
I've been tooling around with what was supposed to be a nice laptop, a gift, this HP ENVY 360 CONVERTIBLE.
My problem, is that no matter what I do, this thing has been insultingly slow from the moment I took it out of the box. I've tried adding RAM, (now at 8GB from 4GB, no noticeable difference) formatting the hard drive and re-installing both windows 8 and 10, (This laptop will not work with windows 7), stripping it down to the bare bones programs, and STILL, it take a full minute to start up, 30 seconds to load anything, and despite being a nice looking laptop, it's basically been a bookend ever since I got it. EVERYTHING is slow.
Seeing as I did nearly everything, does anyone here know what to do, other than give it away?
Thanks.
IB

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Sorry fr the late reply!
I decided in the long run to just get a laptop I like better. all the programs drag on this model.
So in order to sell it to someone who might like the touch screen, I tried to "reset this PC" as offered in Win 10, BUT not it just gets stuck at "resetting this PC 35%" for hours and does nothing else.

Man, what a clunker.
What now? (Promise I'll respond quicker)