Hp envy 700-216 desktop AMD a10-6700 cpu no post

Maythew

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Hi all,
I'm at a loss with this seemingly new looking pc that was dropped in my lap.
Specs are hp envy 700-216 ms-7778 motherboard amd a10-6700 CPU 4gb ddr3 no hd atm. I've torn this this down to breadboard status trying to find out why it won't post. I'm thinking the mobo is fried because I tested it with a known good psu and still received no post. Hp psu also seems good based on a power light indicator and jumping green wire on the 24pin to a ground wire as advised via the hp website. Please suggest anything else to get this up and running. While this pc looks too nice to trash I have a feeling it is going to end up as parts... shame.
Thanks for any additional information,
Maythew
*edit* I keep saying no post but honestly it just appears dead no signs of life at all outside of a light on the psu, the fans don't spin, nothing happens at all.

Maythew

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Calvin7, I see the link for a hp PSU but exactly why is that? Do non hp PSU that work on an other computer not work with hp? Its not a proprietary power plug on Mobo standard 24 and 4 pins plug in. Thanks for your insight,
Maythew

Maythew

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
I'm going to quickly bump this thread. I had shelved this project for a while but recently picked up a NIB gigabyte ga-f2a55-hd2. I purchased it with the hope that I could test the amd a10-6700 (being that is was one of the only components I couldn't test). I set it up with the cpu from the hp envy (bread boarded ofc) and... nothing. Well cooling fan on the cpu spins, and stays spinning but... Nothing else happens. Thoughts? I'm leaning towards a bad cpu. The new Mobo doesn't have a on board speaker for beep codes. Shame BC then I might know tf is wrong.