[SOLVED] HP Envy Screen No Longer Operative

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
As the title states my screen isn'tworking. The power light is on an I see a flickering light that I assume is the 1 TB Sata drive. I open and close the laptop hoping to see an ON/OFF of the screen happens but nothing happens.

We went into the machine and removed then reinstalled the battery hoping for a reset. Any suggestions? Specs are below.

HP ENVY 15-AS133CL 15.6" Notebook, Full-HD IPS Touchscreen, Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SATA, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10H. Purchased as a Refurb in 2017.

Solution
If you can see anything at all on the screen then the screen is probably working and the machine isn't POSTing or loading Windows.

As you say you see what might be the HDD activity light, the machine might've fully loaded Windows but you just can't see it. Either the flashlight or an external monitor would show you this--the flashlight just barely so you'd have to look closely, and the external monitor would require using your laptop's keyboard command to toggle displays
As the title states my screen isn'tworking. The power light is on an I see a flickering light that I assume is the 1 TB Sata drive. I open and close the laptop hoping to see an ON/OFF of the screen happens but nothing happens.

We went into the machine and removed then reinstalled the battery hoping for a reset. Any suggestions? Specs are below.

HP ENVY 15-AS133CL 15.6" Notebook, Full-HD IPS Touchscreen, Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SATA, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10H. Purchased as a Refurb in 2017.
Have you tried removing the HDD to see what happens in the boot cycle after words. Make sure laptop is off first.

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
Have you tried removing the HDD to see what happens in the boot cycle after words. Make sure laptop is off first.
white.a.drew, Before I actually dig into the laptop...again, are you hinting that the machine will launch with a blinking cursor onscreen without Windows loaded? If no blink, damaged wire and/or screen and the need replace with a proprietary HP Envy screen, right?

If it does show the screen, what steps needs to happen?

Thanks in advance.

If you can see anything at all on the screen then the screen is probably working and the machine isn't POSTing or loading Windows.

As you say you see what might be the HDD activity light, the machine might've fully loaded Windows but you just can't see it. Either the flashlight or an external monitor would show you this--the flashlight just barely so you'd have to look closely, and the external monitor would require using your laptop's keyboard command to toggle displays

Solution

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016

The light on the Caps Lock key blinks 3 times in succession. I assumed this meant HDD activity. I don't see anything with a flashlight. One thing I was wondering is when you boot up and have an external monitor plugged in if the monitor would function. If not, it would seem that navigating through Control Panel menus to choose an alternative Display would be next to impossible. Driving with no headlights. Thoughts?